Guidance regarding collection and use of personal information
Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (Referred as APCEIU hereinafter) processes personal information for the following purposes. Processed personal information will not be used for purposes other than the following. If the purpose of use is changed, the APCEIU will take necessary measures, such as obtaining separate consent pursuant to Article 18 of Personal Information Protection Act.
|2021 SSAEM Conference Operation||Use of Services, Registration and participation in the Conference|
|2021 SSAEM Conference Promotion||Related incidental tasks, such as promoting the Conference|
APCEIU processes personal information for the purpose of prevention of illegal use of the service, customer complaint handling, delivery of announcement, and individual verification in regards to identification, verification, maintenance/management of membership, limited individual verification system.
APCEIU collects the following minimum personal information for membership registration and provision of various services.
|Required fields||Name, ID, password, mobile number, email address, Affiliation, Nationality|
Website address that a user passes through to visit company, web browser type and OS of the user, the IP address, cookies, service usage records, visit history, etc.
Online SSAEM conference entrusts personal information processing as follows based on Article 26 of the Personal Information Protection Act. The trustee clearly stipulates compliance with the laws and regulations related to personal information protection, prohibition of providing personal information to third parties, and liability, etc., and the truster implements management and supervision to ensure that the trustee fulfills its technical, administrative, and physical protection obligations.
|Trustee||Purpose of Entrust||Contact|
|KIMEX||Operation of the Conference, Management and Maintenancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
In principle, APCEIU destroys personal information when it becomes unnecessary such as the expiration of the storage period and the achievement of the purpose of collection and use of personal information. However, the information may not be destroyed in the event that it must be preserved pursuant to other laws and regulations. When it becomes unnecessary, APCEIU destroys the personal information immediately.
- Membership Information: Immediate destruction after membership cancellation, 2-year period of re-agreement
In principle, users' personal information is destroyed without delay when the purpose of personal information collection and utilization is achieved. The procedures and methods of the company's personal information destruction are as follows.
(1) Demolition procedure
- Information entered by the user for online inquiries is transferred to a separate DB after the purpose is achieved (in case of paper, separate filing boxes) and destroyed after being stored for a certain period of time (see retention and service period) in accordance with the internal policy and other related statutes.
- This personal information is not used for any purpose other than to be retained except by law.
(2) Demolition method
- Personal information printed on paper is shredded or destroyed through incineration.
- Personal information stored in electronic file form is deleted using a technical method that cannot be restored.
User holds the right to decline to consent to personal information collected by company. When a user declines to consent, the services provided by the company are limited.